Health Department Programs
- Animal Control
- Childhood Immunizations
- STD Testing
- Animal Complaints
- Family Planning
- Animal Licensing
- Health Insurance
- Flu Shots
- Health Screenings
The health department handles many types of complaints including, but not limited to:
- Inadequate / No Heat in Multi-Unit Residential Properties
- Retail Food Establishments
- Stagnant Water in Swimming Pools / Mosquitoes
The health department does not handle high grass and property maintenance issues. Please contact the construction office.
Complaints can be made by calling the health department at 732-428-8405. Please leave your name, telephone number and brief message regarding the nature of your call. Anonymous complaints cannot be taken for the following reasons:
- It is the policy of the health department to get back to each complainant with a final status report.
- It is sometimes necessary to contact the complainant to verify information.
- It may be necessary to have the complainant appear in court to testify.
Clark children can receive free childhood immunizations from
Union County Immunization Center (lower level)
40 Parker Road
For hours and requirements, please call 908-965-2700.
Family Planning and Pre-Natal Services
123 Park Avenue Number 6
Plainfield, NJ 07060
1150 Dickinson Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Health insurance for children and some low income parents / guardians can be obtained by downloading the new jersey family care application at www.nj.familycare.org.
Keep photocopies of everything you submit and if at all possible, send the information by regular and certified mail when filling an application with New Jersey Family Care.
The health department offers several screenings, most free throughout the year including:
- Blood Pressure
- Lifeline Stroke Screening
- Quick Cholesterol
- Sma / Lipid Panel Blood Test (Now Offered in May)