Swim Team, Lessons, & Classes
Swim Lesson Information
**Please note: Swim lesson registration is on-going and is first come, first serve! A pool membership is required in order to register. To register online please visit Clark Recreation. **
Swim Lesson Level Information
- Advanced Beginner ONE - This level is for children who are comfortable swimming under water. The level will focus on introducing freestyle and floating as well as exploring over head water.
- Advanced Beginner TWO - Children at this level can swim / tread water / doggy paddle independently. The class will focus on fundamentals of freestyle as well as building endurance.
- Baby and Me - This class provides an opportunity for 2 to 3 year olds to spend time in the water with mom or dad! A great way to get young children comfortable in the water and have lots of fun! Offered only during Session II from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.
- Beginner - This level focuses on water introduction. Children learn to become comfortable in the water, put their face in, blow bubbles, as well as arm strokes and kicking. Ages 3 and up.
- Intermediate - Swimmers concentrate on perfecting freestyle, enhancing endurance as well as learning new strokes such as backstroke, breaststroke and diving.
- Junior Lifesaving - This course will introduce life saving techniques and skills that will help participants prepare for the life guarding course. This course is offered from 10 to 11 a.m. ONLY during session II. Recommended for ages 13+.(Cost: $100)
- Swimmer - Swimmers work on mechanics of strokes as well as building endurance.
The Clark Pool Swim Team is open to all swimmers ages 5 to 18. Swimmers must be able to swim one full lap across the pool without assistance in order to compete. The season will include:
- End of the Season Party
- Swim-a-Thon Fundraiser
We like to have fun while improving our skills! Our coaches will work on stroke technique and endurance at our daily practices. We pride ourselves in being a fun, recreational summer league. Swim Team registration is on-going and is $30 / child. Non-members may join for $50 / child and may only access the facility during practices and home meets.