2020 CAPITAL ROAD IMPROVEMENTS - PHASE 2
(MAE BELLE DRIVE & GLORIA STREET)
The Township of Clark has awarded a contract to S. Brothers Inc. of South River, NJ, to make improvements to the above-referenced roadways as part of the Township’s 2020 Capital Road Improvement Program.
Work is scheduled to begin on or about Thursday, May 6, 2021 on Mae Belle Road, The initial work will involve the replacement/construction of some curb, sidewalk and driveway aprons, and will follow up with milling and repaving of the road. Work on both roads should be completed within three to four weeks.
Please be aware that this schedule is weather permitting and is subject to change. You will receive a notice in your door from the contractor before the milling and paving work starts.
For the purposes of construction, I would like to make you aware of the following:
- Parking on the street is prohibited during construction activities.
- All driveways will be made accessible for use over the weekend by the Contractor unless the curbing or sidewalk/driveway apron in front of your driveway was just replaced.
- The Contractor will hand out notices prior to the start of the milling and paving work. The day that the paving is done, the roadway will be inaccessible. Please try to park on adjacent streets, so you can access your vehicle without interfering with the construction activities.
- After the new surface is completed, the roadway will remain closed to traffic for a few hours to allow the asphalt to cool.
- Vehicles will be permitted on the new road surface as soon as possible. Once the road is opened, we ask that you please do not turn your wheels while your vehicle is not moving or make rapid starts or stops which may damage the new roadway surface.
- Keep yourself away from the construction area, thus preventing any likelihood of accidents.
If you have any special-access needs, please alert the Township Engineer’s Office at 908-272-8901 as soon as possible so that any necessary arrangements may be made with the Contractor.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Very truly yours,
Salvatore Bonaccorso, Mayor