Effective January 1, 2015, the township will be utilizing the services of Newark Associated Humane Society for animal control.
Residents may call the Clark Health Department at 732-428-8405 or the Clark Police Department non-emergency number at 732-388-3434.
The township does not provide traps to residents experiencing problems with stray cats on their property, raccoons, squirrels, and other wildlife. Residents are advised to contract the services of a licensed wildlife removal company. A listing can be found in the yellow pages under "pest control"
Residents are strongly advised and urged not to do their own trapping for the following reasons:
- In most instances what you are setting the trap for (I.e. a stray cat) you will trap something else (oppossum, raccoon, skunk).
- Inappropriate and inhumane handling of trapped animals will lead to criminal charges being filed under the animal cruelty statutes.
- Inexperience with trapping can lead to scratches, bites, back injuries, etc.
- Trapping of squirrels inside of a residence must be coordinated with necessary repairs to points of entry.
Complaints regarding the following and most legal matters are handled by the Clark Health Officer.
- Animal Bites
- Defecating and Not Cleaning Up Afterwords
- Running at Large
Complainants must leave their name, telephone number and brief description of the nature of the complaint. Anonymous complaints cannot be addressed.