Residential Housing

Any residential, industrial or commercial property containing a building must secure a Certificate of Compliance before sale, lease or rental of the property. Clark Township’s Certificate of Compliance can be completed, and fees paid online.  

 A Certificate of Compliance is good for 180 days from the date of issuance. Prior to submitting your Certificate of Occupancy, be sure to review this checklist of the most common reasons a Certificate of Compliance might be rejected.

Landlord/Rental Unit Registration Form

Under N.J.S.A. 46:8-27 and N.J.S.A. 55:13A-1, landlords of residential rental units in NJ are required to register their rental units.  Homes in Clark with two or less units must register with the Clark Construction Office.  A dwelling with more than two units is required to process their dwellings with the Department of Community Affairs (DCA).

Home Improvement

When undertaking work on your home, homeowners should be aware that home improvement contractors must be registered with the Division of Consumer Affairs. Homeowners who enter into contracts should be aware and look for the registration numbers on all documents, advertisements and vehicles. Homeowners may check the New Jersey consumer Affairs website for frequently asked questions and contractor information.